Chemistry 532 - Organic Chemistry Library Orientation
Reference Librarian: Lyndsay Smanz, 978-5210
Chemistry Library Assistant: Elaine Harvey, 978-3764
Handbook Chemistry and Physics
- Features include: physical constants table
(including CAS registry numbers) and synonym table.
- Link takes you to sample pages from the 85th
edition at Amazon.com.
- Location: Chemistry Library Reference & Ablah
Reference Stacks. Call Number: QD65 .H3
The Merck Index:
An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, & Biologicals
- Features include: descriptions of substances,
registry numbers, and trade names.
- Use the index and remember the list of abbreviations
in the front!
- Link takes you to sample pages from the 14th
edition at the Merck website.
- Location: Chemistry Library Reference Call Number:
RS356 .M524 2006. Older copies are in Ablah Library.
Other reference books in McKinley Library. Click titles to see sample pages
Click here for a full list of WSU chemistry databases.
- Highlights: citation index, drawing features, and
- Access is limited to one WSU user at a time.
Must register and create an account first on campus before being able to
access off campus.
- If SciFinder is not available, this
database covers many chemistry titles that McKinley Library has in
print or electronically.
- From the Wilson Web search page, select
Applied Science Full Text and General Science Full Text to
- High quality, peer-reviewed journals.
Covers all subjects so good for multi-disciplinary research.
Other Electronic Resources
Dictionary of Organic Compounds
For a complete list see the Chemistry web site
Tools and Databases
Drawing features are great. Information is arranged in
parent-child type of tree.
- Available on CD-ROM in Chemistry Library.
- Features include: NMR and IR
graphs, substructure searching, and more.
- Free access, but you can access
more features if you register (ex. reaction database).
- Includes chemical structures, property
information, references, spectra, patents, and more.
- Free access, but links to sources that may
Click here to search for WSU electronic journals in
- Go to Browse e-journals by subject:
- Select Physical Sciences and Mathematics
from the drop-down menu.
Chemistry journals are listed under subheadings.
- Organic Chemistry
has 56 titles listed alphabetically by title.
- To access a
journal, click the provider link under the journal title (ex. Wiley
- Make sure the
library carries the year of the journal you need.
Useful Sources for Organic
Library Main Page
WSU Chemistry Department